My Favourite Food YouTubers part 1

I think this doesn't surprise anyone that I watch a lot of food YouTubers because I paint a lot of food and I generally surround myself with everything food related(I'm not even gonna get into the huge collection of cookbooks I have or how my pantry is full of lots of food ingredients I've yet to try). So this is a slightly different blog post from me because it's about food YouTubers but maybe some of you will find this interesting and these channels will get a couple of new subscribers. I thought it would be better to have these blog posts in parts because there are just too many food YouTubers I watch and I don't want these posts to be too long. Here goes!

I'm starting with Sorted Food! I think they were my first ever food channel I subscribed to back when I was a teen. I remember finding them because I wanted to bake a chocolate cake for a friend and this video popped up. That cake turned out pretty darn good with the limited equipment and skill I had at that time. I've been hooked with their channel ever since. 
Over the years, their channel has evolved from recipes, to testing out kitchen equipment, cooking challenges, cooking battles,  exploring different parts of the world and trying out pretentious ingredients. They have even created a food app called Sidekick, that helps you with your weekly meals, while also reducing your food waste. 
It's hard to choose favourite videos from their channel, but I love their poker face challenge videos, where they have to eat for example spicy food and maintain a poker face. Those never fail to make me laugh and in some cases, they can actually be quite educational, believe it or not.
I'm also a big fan of their videos where they venture out of the UK to Southern states of USA or to Japan. I can't tell you how fascinated I've become with the food they show in those videos. 
An honourable mention goes to their series "At 3 Price Points", which is an older series but can I just have everything in this video about London's Best Full English Breakfast? Or this, where they find out which is London's Best Fried Chicken??
I absolutely enjoyed their recent video about USA Southern Food, where they ate food in Savannah, Georgia and then in the end they served their own cooked food to the people they met and interacted with, that really celebrated the food they ate and what they learned about it. You can really see how much the Sorted boys care about food and the history behind it.




Next channel is Mythical Kitchen! They are a part of Good Mythical Morning. Now, at first glance, you might think this isn't a serious foodie channel. But if you actually start watching the videos, every video has something informational hidden in it. Plus it's still entertaining watching the Mythical Kitchen crew create a $317 Wagyu McDonald's Happy Meal. Or have you ever wondered what might've been a meal on a first class airline from the 1950? Mythical Kitchen has got you covered!
I really enjoy their series about busting food myths, like this one about spicy food. Since it's a food channel, they also do food battles and also have interviews with celebrities where they talk about their last meals. It really isn't as morbid as it sounds, it's more light hearted and fun, I promise. For example, recently they interviewed Tom Hanks!
I also really like how much every single person in the Mythical Kitchen crew knows about food.They also make me feel like food doesn't have to be this serious thing and they make me want to experiment and have more fun in the kitchen.  I feel like I really owe it to them to have more confidence in myself when I'm cooking and to get out of my comfort zone. 
An honourable mention goes to this video about Josh being at your Thanksgiving. I'm not American, I don't celebrate Thanksgiving and yet I still find myself watching this around Thanksgiving. I don't know why! Josh isn't even talking to me!
(writing about Thanksgiving also reminded me of this gem. Watch it, you won't be disappointed!)

Comments